EG&R Engineering PC is a fast-growing multi-disciplinary engineering firm located in Cranbury, NJ. EG&R provides electrical, mechanical, environmental and geotechnical engineering services for a variety of markets including government, utilities/power, waste to energy companies, transit agencies, manufacturing industries, pharmaceuticals, A-E firms/Architects, and various types of commercial clients.
EG&R is seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer who is self-motivated and ready to contribute to the future success of EG&R Engineering PC.
Main responsibilities include creating electrical protection & control and/or physical layout design deliverables for Power Plants and Substations.
- Work alongside Senior Electrical Engineers and Designers on the development of electrical designs and specifications for Power Plants, Substations, Transit sites, etc.
- Physical substation design, sections and details, grounding, lightning protection, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC/DC power systems, and associated bills of material
- Protection and control design including panel arrangements, one lines/single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring and relay panel wiring
- Prepare calculations for studies and reports (grounding, lighting protection, AC/DC load studies, etc.)
- Prepare equipment specifications for procurement
- Provide short term field support during construction
- Bachelor of Science/Master’s degree in electrical engineering (Power Distribution/Power Systems) from an accredited institution.
- Desire to obtain Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification and ultimately Professional Engineer (PE) license
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE / ANSI Standards
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to work in a team environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong management skills and a desire to grow professionally
- Capability of solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard approaches, techniques, procedures and criteria
Namita Bhagavathula, PMP