ARC FLASH HAZARD ANALYSIS CAPABILITIES
Arc flash hazards pose a serious risk to personnel safety in the operation and maintenance of electrical distribution equipment.
EG&R’s licensed professionals can model our client’s existing power distribution system to determine the arc flash hazards and determine the required PPE (personal protective equipment) for safe equipment operation. We offer the following engineering services and capabilities:
- Power distribution modeling and analysis utilizing ETAP
- In-depth knowledge of IEEE, NFPA, and OSHA standards regarding Arc Flash Hazards
- Calculation of incident energy levels, and arc flash hazard categories for all electrical distribution equipment
- Address safety concerns and highlight high risk areas
- Provide arc flash mitigation strategies and recommendations to lower incident energy levels and arc flash risks